General Job Description
The NSY&W Railway is accepting applications for an Engineer of Track (Roadmaster) on our Northern division, headquartered at our Cortland NY office. The Engineer of track will work with and direct other employees on the Maintenance or repair activities of our Northern Division, encompassing two different lines, two different duty locations and the MOW forces assigned to those locations. The Engineer of Track is instrumental in assisting in the development of short- and long-range maintenance needs for the territory he/she is assigned and the safety of the track and his or her employees.
· Minimum 5 years supervisory experience or a combination of supervisory and track inspection and extensive training in the FRA Track Safety Standards part 213 A thru F.
· Ensure the day-to-day maintenance and/or repair activities in the assigned territory.
· Perform regular inspections of the assigned territory.
· Perform efficiency test to ensure the highest safety standards of the employees in the assigned territory.
· Mentor and develop the employees assigned.
· Interact with federal, state, and local agencies.
· -must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, random drug tests, and background check
· High level of analytical problem-solving ability.
· Excellent communication, team building and leadership skills.
· Valid driver’s license(prefer CDL)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (prefer CDL) (Required)