A wonderful and exceptional career opportunity for a Manager of Community Engagement and Planning is now available with Self-Help Enterprises, a non-profit in Central California. If you are passionate and committed to equitable community representation, this may be the position for you.
This position will be in charge of implementing programs and leading a team that will work with and supports disadvantaged communities that face water supply and quality issues by increasing participation in regional water management and groundwater sustainability planning and seeks to build long-term water management capacity and expertise in rural community leaders. The Manager will coordinate with local, state and federal agencies to implement SHE’s community engagement, planning, capacity building and training programs. The Manager must be able to work independently and as a team member, be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong program management and supervision skills. The Manager must also be able to work effectively with diverse community groups and with public and private agency officials.
- Provide leadership to program staff in carrying out the programs and mission of SHE.
- Oversee the management of contracts to ensure work is completed on schedule and in compliance with contract requirements.
- Oversee preparation of reports to funding agencies and organizations.
- Oversee and support the development/implementation of community outreach and engagement plans and community water needs assessments.
- Oversee and support the development to community education and capacity building program curriculum.
- Coordinate and facilitate community meetings, workshops and roundtable discussions.
- Effectively and constructively manage and coordinate the services of professional consultants such as translators, planners, engineers, and others.
- Seek appropriate financial resources to maintain, expand and improve program efforts plus cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and new funders
- Ensure program staff members are well-trained, well supported, and provided a safe work environment.
- Maintain effective communication with SHE partners, staff and others in a way that furthers positive working relationships.
- Prepare program and project budgets; review fiscal data, effectively manage within budget.
- Represent SHE to communities, agencies, funders and the media.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, preferably in a field related to this position or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with the California Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA); Integrated Regional Water Management Program; Community Power building and/or Leadership Development.
- Demonstrated technical, management, and administrative experience and expertise appropriate to the specific program area(s).
- Demonstrated experience with public speaking, meeting facilitation, and effective communication skills.
Salary is competitive and DOQ.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group Life Insurance
- Long- term Disability
- Health/Fitness Club
- Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Computer Purchase Loan
- Employee Assistance Program
There are also additional job openings posted on our website: https://www.selfhelpenterprises.org/about-us/#career-opportunities
Job Type: Full-time