Tired of being a cog in the machine? Looking for stability with the freedom to innovate? At CertiPath you can have both, while making the world more secure, and simplifying access processes. In anticipation of a contract award, we are seeking a Physical Access Control System (PACS) Field Engineer to deliver outstanding Federal Identity, Credential and Access Management (FICAM) implementation and operations services to our federal client. Join our team, make a difference and crush your goals at CertiPath.
I’ve never heard of CertiPath. What do you do?
At CertiPath, we are the experts in services for high assurance digital identity verification and management. We are an established organization with a 17-year track record of delivering on our promises, with the drive and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. CertiPath is focused on bringing facility and network access management for Federal Agencies into the 21st century.
So, what will the PACS Field Engineer at CertiPath do?
You will work in a fast-paced environment where you will take a hands-on approach in helping a Federal Agency with its nationwide Physical Security Program Office (Program). You will work with a team of engineering professionals to support the design and deployment of security solutions in accordance with Program Standards to ensure compliance with complex federal and agency mandates. You will have the opportunity to work on and deploy cutting edge solutions. Best of all, you’ll get to grow your experience working alongside smart people to solve problems that make the world a safer, more efficient place.
What does a typical day look like for the PACS Field Engineer?
Although no two days will be the same, you will:
· Conduct facility evaluations of highly complex facilities: document the state of the current Physical Security infrastructure (e.g. PACS, CCTV, VMS, IDMS), identify deficiencies and propose corrective actions
· Present guidance and support to Program stakeholders on installation and design challenges
· Support implementation, test and deployment of Physical Security systems
· Perform periodic validation of Physical Security installations performed by third parties and issue reports on findings
· Present guidance and support to stakeholders on Federal policies and Program Standards
· Offer industry best practices and lessons learned from federal engagement past performance
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology
· Be an active participant in your development along your career path
· Most of your time will be local to the DC area, but at the request of the Program, you’ll have the opportunity to travel up to 25% of the time outside the DC area.
What does the growth potential look like?
· As CertiPath expands, the potential for growth into a supervisor may exist, there might also be lateral opportunities within the organization
What qualifications do you look for?
You might be the PACS Field Engineer we’re looking for if you have:
· US Citizenship
· At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
· 4 years of total experience in the security industry, 2 years of which includes
performing proactive federal agency ICAM architecture design and implementation activities
- Hands-on installation, configuration and maintenance of FICAM compliant Physical Access Control Systems
- Experience with PKI and Federal smart card technology (Personal Identity Verification cards – PIV)
We’re extra impressed by folks with:
· Specific experience and/or certification in Identiv’s Hirsch Velocity product
· Working knowledge of HSPD-12, FIPS 201-2 and NIST publications (800-116-1, 800-53, 800-73-4),
· IT and PACS Security Certification (e.g., Comp TIA Security+, PSP, CSEIP, CSCIP/G or CISSP)
CertiPath Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- This role works on a US Federal client. Are you a US Citizen?
- Do you have a minimum of 4 years working on Physical Access Control Systems for US Federal clients?
- IT Security Industry: 4 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19