Building Plan Check Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and motivated ICC certified Building Plans Examiners with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing plan reviews for municipal building departments to join our
Building and Safety Division. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a key member of our highly qualified, collaborative and motivated plans examination team.
Location: County of Orange
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review building plans and related documents for compliance with Building Codes, policies and jurisdiction requirements for commercial, industrial and residential buildings
- Projects include; new residential, commercial and industrial faculties, and remodel projects.
- Assist homeowners, designers and contractors by providing information and interpretations of building codes and regulations, recommend necessary changes to design documents as required to obtain compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Responsible for preparing written correction letters and maintaining and updating records and database information.
- Work with building inspectors to resolve field related code issues and coordinate activities with other City departments as directed.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills in meeting with municipal representatives, clients, designers and contractors to resolve complex code issues.
Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years of building plan check experience
- ICC Residential and Commercial Building Plans Examiner certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering
- Registered civil engineer in California
- ICC Electrical Plans Examiner certification desirable
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply