The Controls Engineer is part of a team dedicated to advancing Nanotech’s machine technology. This position is principally responsible for the controls engineering and support of ultra-precision machine systems for the electro-optics manufacturing industry. The Controls Engineer IV will have the ability to define and resolve complex problems. Typical projects are a combination of new development, maintenance, and revision of existing applications.
- Solve complex controls problems using accepted engineering practices.
- Develop new feedback techniques to enhance product performance while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Conceptualize and engineer new, unique controls systems that meet customer requirements.
- Apply controls theory for servo tuning in both the time and frequency domain using Bode and/or Nyquist analysis to maximize servo performance while maintaining robust stability.
- Identify disturbance sources and attempt to mitigate using servo gains and/or other damping techniques.
- Actively participate in product design reviews and work directly with the engineering staff to develop cost effective solutions.
- Interface with engineers and technicians of the other Moore business units to help coordinate overall technical activities wherever appropriate and desirable.
- Ensure that all relevant data is collected, reviewed, and filed for all projects in accordance with standard procedures.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports to management and staff.
- Contribute to written instruction and operation manuals for Nanotech’s products.
- Perform in-house technical support.
- Help to achieve the completion of all projects within budget and on schedule.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with overall job responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 7+ years of work experience.
- Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in creativity and technical comprehension.
- Experience with motion controllers is required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written & verbal communication, ability to articulate ideas and concepts, capable of positive influence and ability to work alone or as part of a team).
- Utilize strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Maintain professionalism with all visitors and guests.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Controls: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative