Golden Valley Country Club is acclaimed as one of the most prestigious country clubs in the Twin Cities. Golden Valley Golf and Country Club features a world-class golf course, premier social amenities, and is an award-winning venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions, social events and business meetings.
Team Members are the foundation of our success and contribute to a work environment that is based upon respect, teamwork and appreciation. They set high standards and goals for themselves and management is committed to helping them achieve success.
Position Title: Building Maintenance Mechanic
Status: Full time with benefits
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and repairs throughout the club to ensure continuous operation of equipment and safety including, but not limited to, carpentry, lighting, plumbing, pool maintenance, sprinkler system, painting, HVAC and electrical repairs.
- Conducts daily rounds of property, identifies and corrects deficiencies as sighted on a timely basis and reports them to the Chief Engineer.
- Performs and records daily pool chemical tests and adjusts as needed.
- Ensures local, state and federal codes are sustained. Maintains accurate building records. Follow OSHA safety regulations and guidelines.
- Assists in checking fire protection systems for proper operation.
- Assists with the property's energy management program to control costs.
- Rotates on an on-call response to emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with building maintenance including mechanical and electrical systems, kitchen equipment, boilers, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Proficient with hand and power tools.
- Certified Pool Operation (CPO) certification preferred, but not required or a willingness to obtain certification.
- Willingness to obtain special boilers license within 1 year.
- Able to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Displays a sense of urgency with strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to work well in a team.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, personal time off (PTO) and company paid life insurance and long term disability.
- Complimentary employee meals.
- Golf privileges with management approval.
Please e-mail resume with preferred hourly rate range to email address above for consideration.
Visit our website www.gvgcc.com for additional information. No calls please. Only qualified candidates will be considered. Applications are only accepted for current open positions.
Golden Valley Golf and Country is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Building Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Maintenance of kitchen equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma