- Communication Skills
St. Marys Carbon Company – a globally recognized leader in the mechanical carbon market is seeking to add to our dedicated team. An opening exists for a “Product Development Engineer” in our St. Marys facility to service industries such as, aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, fluid handling, mining, and oil & gas.
The Product Development Engineer will be instrumental in developing materials or processes to meet the needs for new or existing customers.
Key result areas for this position include:
– Performing research and development of our manufacturing processes, including raw material specifications for our mixing, molding, baking and impregnation departments.
– Evaluating and recommending new materials for our products.
– Designing and developing testing specifications.
– Performing product and process analysis for continuous improvement.
– Instrumental in helping to solve production problems in the factory environment.
– Serving on cross function teams, such as the Quality Planning Group.
– Directly involved in the quoting process concerning materials.
– Supporting customers on material and process issues.
– Participating at trade shows and customer presentations.
– Initiate new product potentials.
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Material Science. The candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively within a team environment. Must have strong PC skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and be detail oriented. Experience in manufacturing and lean principals is a plus. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
St. Marys Carbon Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer