WingsUp is a quick service restaurant franchise system focused on takeout and delivery. We take pride in serving the best tasting chicken wings and sandwiches, and we are looking for an individual that shares our passion for quality, and drive for perfection. We have locations across the GTA and Southern Ontario, and are growing quickly. In addition to all of our fresh foods, some of the most important ingredients at WingsUp are the great people who make up our team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this role, you’ll be coordinating the construction of our new WingsUp locations and will report to the CEO. Tasks will include:
· Managing multiple job sites. Work with our general contractors on simultaneous restaurant buildouts and renovations. Assist in keeping projects proceeding on time and on budget. Assist GC with resolving issues with construction.
· Budgets. Prepare budgets for new projects. Monitor project spending throughout the project. Review and reconcile budgets upon project completion.
· Supplier management. Liaison and maintain relationships with various contractors, equipment, and material suppliers.
· Design review. Work with our architects and engineers. Perform initial site visits with architect and collaborate on the best usage of the selected space. Review and provide feedback on drawings. Work with our architects and engineers to ensure timely completion of drawings and permit submission.
· City Permits. Ensure the permitting process proceeds on schedule. Follow up with city permitting officials and provide any requested documents or drawings
· You’re experienced. You have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with Commercial Construction. You have been involved in the construction of 3 restaurants at a minimum. You are comfortable reading blueprints and familiar with the Ontario Building Code.
· You share our passion for excellence. You take pride in your work, are detail oriented, and never compromise on quality
· You’re a problem solver. When challenges arise, you tackle them head-on
· You’re organized. You’re able to manage and track progress on multiple projects. You can manage timelines and prioritize efforts to keep multiple schedules on track
· You’re a team player and a great communicator. You can work with both external and internal stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
· You’re able to travel. You’re flexible in traveling to various sites in Ontario.
· You’re flexible. You’re willing to shift around your schedule to accommodate the final crunch at the end of a project, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Construction: 5 years (preferred)