Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position will perform project engineering project assignments with an emphasis on process improvements including the design of new facilities, upgrades in existing facilities and maintenance support. This position will work with other engineering, operations and maintenance personnel, and supervise contract/construction crews working on projects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects for the site.
- Performs, directs or coordinates the required engineering, cost estimate preparation, and drafting associated with projects. This includes development of PFD, P&IDS, equipment selection and sizing, specification development in accordance with company engineering standards and good engineering practice.
- Prepares AFE’s for approval.
- Executes all projects according to the Front End Loading (FEL) process (alternative screening; scope development; cost estimates; execution strategy and schedules; contractor strategy and selection; construction strategy; etc)
- Prepares bid packages and equipment inquiries and leads evaluation and selection process.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs all activities associated with project implementation and successful completion.
- Directs draftsmen with project drawing requirements.
- Perform field inspections of construction work to ensure design requirements are met in the field.
- Performs safety audits and safety evaluations of contractors and plant personnel.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities if needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 5 or more years of project management experience in a refinery or chemical plant setting.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 10 or more years of project management experience in a refinery or chemical plant setting preferred.
- Extensive technical knowledge of process and project engineering.
- Ability to develop cost estimates, assess, project and review overall project costs.
- Experience with soliciting, preparing and evaluating bids for projects and project components.
- Possess excellent safety record and experience with safety training, planning and troubleshooting.
- Experience at leading and operating both independently and within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Progressive project management experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.