Wall Colmonoy Corporation is an international company involved in many metals related businesses. The primary business of the Oklahoma City facility involves fabrication of military heat exchangers and piston engine aircraft exhaust systems. Manufacturing processes include press forming, precision tube bending, CNC machining, high temperature furnace brazing, TIG welding, resistance welding and others. The facility is ISO 9001 and AS 9100 registered and customers are both military and commercial. We are an FAA approved repair station and manufacturing facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer is an important member of the manufacturing team and is responsible for managing and executing projects to promote the safety, quality, and efficiency of our work environment.
· Responsible for Work Cell Design, Integration and Validation.
· Lead process tooling development to optimize error proofing and safe and efficient labor application.
· Coordinate manufacturing and machinery feasibility of new or existing products
· Manage the creation of standard work and standard cycle times.
· Inspection of machine, equipment, and tool performance to verify their efficiency, as well as investigations of issues and corrective actions of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality
· Leader of Continuous Improvement and root cause problem solving activities.
· Provide necessary interdepartmental communication between Engineering, Production, Production Control, Quality and other areas to accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
· Proficient with Solidworks (or other modeling software)
· Works with New Product Introduction teams to ensure manufacturing process supports and meets business needs.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be necessary or requested
· Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing, Material, Mechanical Engineering – Master Degree a plus
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering, machine design, manufacturing process development, value engineering or product engineering
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to organize, and excellent communication skills
· Project management skills
· TPS a plus
· Lean practitioner a must
· Microsoft Office experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement