Position Title: Senior IT Network Engineer
Location: GA HQ
Summary of Position:
The Senior It Network Engineer will be responsible for implementation, maintenance, operational support, internal data networks, network security and WAN connectivity.
Essential Job Functions:
Position reports directly to the IT Manager.
The Senior IT Network Engineer will interface globally with parent company IT management and must establish effective working relationships with end-users, contract partners, coworkers, and upper management.
5. Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and best practices; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.
6. Experience with HP devices, specifically HP switches.
7. Experience with Fortigate products and understanding of firewall security policies involving objects, rules, NATs, inspection policies, etc.
8. Experience with Palo Alto technology a plus.
9. Strong demonstrated troubleshooting skills using packet capture tools, SNMP, Syslog, Telemetry data.
10. Strong attention to detail along with sharp analytical skills to identify problems at the network.
11. Desire to continuously stay current on, and apply, technical industry knowledge pertaining to the respective domain.
12. Basic knowledge of ITIL concepts.
13. The ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously is required.
14. Must be able to solve problems on own while dealing with end-users by phone, email and in person.
- Maintain firewalls to ensure proper security controls are in place.
- Manage network utilized to deliver hosted services to users.
- Implement new products and/or service offerings, maintenance, and upgrade activities on network infrastructure.
- Daily operational support for internal and external networks and users.
- Interface and manage interactions for hardware and services provided.
- Manage providers/telcos for services and escalation of issues.
- Utilize and support network tools to manage complex and multisite IT environments.
- Engagement with multiple users and different site setups while creating and maintaining documentation for each site network.
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Network Infrastructure Management.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, VMWare environment, QoS, routing protocols and Internet routing architectures, LAN/WAN design and operations.
- Experienced in leading and designing complex network projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Savannah, GA 31401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Computer networking: 7 years (Preferred)
- LAN: 7 years (Preferred)