Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is actively seeking a Professional Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in our Paducah, KY office. This candidate will serve as a Project Engineer and will direct geotechnical related field and office services for a wide variety of projects and clients under the limited direction of a Principal Geotechnical Engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of geotechnical engineering experience.
- Kentucky Professional Registration or other state with reciprocity with Kentucky, or ability to obtain within a few weeks
- Expertise with foundation design (shallow and deep), slope stability design and evaluations, settlement analysis and seismic related design and evaluation
- Excellent communication skills, report writing and customer relation skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have related experience in consulting engineering practice and familiarity with Allpile or LPile, GSTABL7 or Slide.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team
- Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Must have clean driving record in US
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning, implementing and managing geotechnical projects including preparing geotechnical proposals, performing field investigations, engineering analysis, preparing comprehensive geotechnical and construction related recommendations to clients both verbally and in written reports.
- Developing proposals – management of proposals including cost estimate and proposal preparation, reviewing of invoicing and collections.
- Managing personnel - providing management and technical direction to drill crews, subconsultants, technicians and other staff that may be associated with projects under your supervision.
- Coordinating with in-house geotechnical laboratory and assigning appropriate geotechnical laboratory testing of rock and soil samples from subsurface investigations or materials testing personnel. Reviewing all data compilation and laboratory results.
- Reviewing and completing boring logs and other data compilation for client reports and conduct engineering analysis and prepare draft design recommendations for subsurface reports.
- Conducting engineering analysis which may include slope stability, shallow or deep foundation bearing capacity (piles, drilled shafts, auger cast piles), settlement and seepage.
- Engineering design experience should include the capability of designing the following: retaining walls (including MSE), embankments and pavements.
- Knowledge of rock slope design (not required, but preferred).
- Being familiar with KYTC, IDOT and TDOT geotechnical requirements.
- Being familiar with geotechnical software including gINT, slope stability analysis software
(e.g. GSTABL7 or Slide), deep foundation software, Arc GIS and LRFD design.
- Having knowledge of industry standard computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ArcGIS and proficiency in Bentley In-Roads, preferred
- Being responsible for budget management, client updates and general project management tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- engineering, design or construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture