Reports to: Plant Manager
Position: Salaried exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION
The maintenance manager is the leader of the maintenance department. This person is responsible for overall utilization of plant resources to achieve strategic maintenance and reliability objectives. This includes compliance with Chemtrade Responsible Care objectives including the maintenance and reliability program, preparation and tracking of maintenance budget, implementation of capital projects, and management of all maintenance activities including the annual turnaround
- 30% - Safety and Environmental - accountable for the entire maintenance department’s adherence to safety policies and procedures. The maintenance manager sets the example for safety in the department by leading outage hazard recognition meetings, auditing daily crew meetings, performing housekeeping audits, and maintaining excellent personal safety performance. The maintenance manager also leads or participates in incident investigation.
- 25% - Plant maintenance and reliability program leader – implement and update policies and procedures and oversee the plant mechanical integrity program which includes: Vibration Analysis, RCFA, Oil Analysis, Infrared Analysis, Maintenance Work Flow, and other developing reliability programs. The maintenance manager is accountable for reliability metrics such as plant availability, and for completing the majority of the action items from the corporate database.
- 5% - Maintenance budget – accountable for cost control of daily work, 1 day outages, and annual turnaround. Also responsible for budgeting, scheduling, pre-outage hazard preparation, measurement metrics, critiques, etc.
- 15% - Plant Reliability and Maintenance Engineer – Perform engineering troubleshooting of plant process and/or equipment issues and also lead group troubleshooting meetings.
- 15% - Capital projects - development and management of projects.
- 10% - People – Hold maintenance department accountable to performance expectations – assist maintenance supervisor when needed on people issues such as answering grievances and other contract relations.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or equivalent foreign accreditation
- 5 years minimum supervisory experience in a reliability or maintenance setting in any of the following industries: Chemical, Oil Refinery, Power, or Pulp and Paper
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs
- Proven experience as an industrial safety leader
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office programs and experience with SAP
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ability to “adjust on the fly” to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time