The Automation Controls Engineer position responsibilities are to service and start-up packaging
machines for the Pharmaceutical industry and collaborate with headquarters on upgrades and rebuilds
for current equipment.
1. Provide onsite automation support for Optima Pharma machines and act as a local automation resource for Optima Pharma equipment.
2. Edit existing machine codes (Rockwell ControlLogix)
3. Adjust and test software parameters
4. Perform self-reliant and structured problem analysis on complex production machines and find out how they are connected to the machine programming, then develop and implement solutions for the issues found
5. Document in detail the problem solving process and archive updated machine software
6. Interface with clients as well as subcontractors and explain machine situations, code, and software processes to colleagues & customers
7. Work closely with Automation team in a German location to ensure prompt support for our customers while making sure documentation and change processes are followed.
1. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
2. Decision making ability
3. Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists
4. Ability to coordinate small to large projects independently
5. Ability to download PLC, HMI, and drive programs. Ability to work with controls engineers to
identify and improve machine programs.
6. Significant electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes.
Comfortable reading and following IEC electrical diagrams.
7. Thorough working knowledge of industrial controls devices including photo-electric sensors,
proximity switches, solenoid valves, frequency and servo drives, and PLC I/O
8. Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC (ControlLogix and CompactLogix) and HMI experience is a plus
The travel requirements for this position are approximately 30-50%
Required Education and Experience
1. 3-5 years of experience with high speed machines or other automated equipment
2. Expert knowledge of Allen-Bradley software platforms
3. BX in Electrical Engineering, Computer Programming, or related field is preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience in PLC programming, commissioning of new equipment with motion
control, as well as remote and field support
5. Experience in working with electrical control diagrams
6. Knowledge of additional PLC / AC Drives / HMI / Servo / Motion Control is strongly
7. SAP experience ideal
Optima Machinery Corporation is the Sales and Service for Optima Packaging Machines made in Schwaebisch Hall, Germany. The service area is the U.S. and Canada. Optima values its employees and supports the growth and well being of each employee. Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Automated Equipment: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job