The Project Manager has primary responsibility for managing the Planning and Execution efforts for a set of assigned projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of highly complex internal projects, including approval, planning,execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time and budget
- Develop comprehensive schedule and drives progress to plan, proactively managing changes
- Work with vendors and team to establish and achieve project goals
- Ensure that requirements are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed on roadmaps and backlogs
- Identify projects issues, gaps,conflicts, and propose solutions
- Track critical project deliverables with core team and facilitates solutions when issues arise
- Work as the liaison between clients, business leads, functional leads, SME’s (subject matter experts),application analysts, developers and other technical team members to assist and document solutions to complex business problems
- Address problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes
- Facilitate and leads large project meetings to drive delivery.
- May act as a Subject Matter Expert in a given area of the organization and provides guidance as needed
- Oversee the development of documentation writing and gathering in accordance with policy and SOX auditing compliance
- Act as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with stakeholders.
- Recommend new solutions and projects in alignment with strategic plans and business requirements
- Demonstrate consistent exercise of independent judgment
- Ability to communicate complicated technical concepts to non-technical Clients
- Write and present effective communications to business sponsors and end-users
- Demonstrate critical thinking,problem solving ability and initiative
- Dedicated to continuous process improvement through feedback loops, coaching, retrospectives, and individual improvement
- A four-year Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Sciences or related field.Significant experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
- PMI (Project Management Institute)Certification desired
- Experience with and knowledge of Enterprise Business Systems
- Knowledge of Windows-based hardware and software applications required
- MS Office Suite, Visio, MSProject, Gantt Charts or other project management tools
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Job Type: Contract