Job Title: Shift Relief Supervisor
Branch: Plant 3
Report To: Plant Manager / Plant Superintendent
Schedule: 10 Hour Shifts
Wage Range: $(DOE) – Salaried when assigned a Shift
The Shift Relief Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager & Plant Superintendent and will lead the plywood shift operations which includes the layup line, spreader, PLV, veneer dryers and a complete understanding of PS 1-20 and veneer grades.
- Responsible for employee's safety, production, quality and cleanliness of the overall facility,
- Supervise & coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in plant,
- Build employee commitment and ownership and hold employees accountable,
- Help to create team development and growth, cross training employees, problem-solving and resolution in a fast-paced environment,
- Inspect quality of product and provide direction to team members to maximize efficiency,
- Oversee cycle counts to ensure accuracy: Identify damaged, lost or missing products,
- Detailed, organized, data entry for producing management reports,
- Lead safety meetings & trainings,
- Excellent team player with good communication skills,
- Flexible & contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results to meet deadlines,
- Utilizing time management and being prepared,
- Able to execute process when giving direction, verbal or written instructions,
- Understand priorities as a supervisor while making every attempt to keep critical equipment and personal producing to get the best performance in the safest manner,
- Must be self-motivated with premium listening skills. Must be able to learn quickly and follow minimal instructions,
- Must have a complete understanding of Safety concerns and the process of lockout/tag out,
- Must document all activities, situations and issues which are required to be recorded in a timely manner.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned and may include assisting other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
- Standing for an extended period-of-time
- Flexible Schedule: Working shift work and weekends
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Current forklift certification a plus
- 5+ yrs of related work experience with shift/large crew supervision (40+ EE’s)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Experience using a scanner/tagging system for inventory control
We offer a highly competitive wage, PTO, health insurance and profit sharing.
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in Lyons, Oregon as a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business. Three generations of family management have led the Company’s veneer and plywood manufacturing facilities to sustain in the Santiam Canyon and we are committed to operating for another 100+ years.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant and cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to become the sole producer and developer of a unique, patent-pending wood product, the Mass Plywood Panel. If you have growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our team!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off