At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King®– create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Responsible for implementation and management of environmental compliance systems. Ensures environmentally sound and sustainable work practices, and compliance with corporate, local, state and federal regulations.
Minimum requirements include the following:
- Primary responsibility for Air, Water and Waste compliance with secondary responsibility for safety compliance
- Create and maintain environmental management systems to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, site permits, and to meet corporate standards
- Primary interface with regulatory agencies, preparing required documentation, scheduling and performing any required testing and providing additional follow-up documentation as required
- Manage on-site wastewater treatment system; focus on optimization of water treatment strategy and use reduction measures
- Conducts site assessments for adherence to company policies and programs and compliance with state local and federal regulations.
- Provide support and leadership during audits of the site by state and federal regulatory agencies
- Provide facility leadership with timely guidance on new or changing compliance requirements
- Provide technical expertise to site manufacturing and engineering personnel in evaluating the environmental impacts of changes to manufacturing processes, chemical use and building design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, or related Engineering field.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of environmental compliance regulations including US EPA: Title V, RCRA, SARA, TRI, SPCC and NJ DEP: Community Right to Know
- Minimum of five years of environmental compliance experience in an industrial setting.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, MS Office, Outlook, knowledge of RADIUS and Oracle a plus.
- Ability to take innovative approaches to process improvement and problem solving
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.