VoltServer is seeking an Application/Product Engineer to join our growing R&D team. We are seeking an individual with electronic systems experience that can provide technical expertise to internal and external customers for new applications of Digital ElectricityTM products. This position will help with a diverse set of projects which may include customer specials, demo and pilot system design/implementation, documentation development, system design and testing. Your exact background isn’t critical, but you will need a solid understanding of electronic products and system thinking in order to be successful in this role. You should be creative with an aptitude to learn new things and an excellent team player.
- Develop design documents and system diagrams for new applications of Digital ElectricityTM products
- Coordinate demo and pilot systems for Digital ElectricityTM systems
- Provide technical support for customers, specifically for new products and new applications
- Interface with customers to develop technical solutions for new applications of Digital ElectricityTM
- Perform product/system compatibility tests with customer devices/systems
- Run system level testing as part of the product development process
- Develop product documentation including datasheets and application notes
- Evaluate new applications for new and existing products
- Provide ideas for new products and product enhancements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree (or higher) or equivalent experience related to electronics and/or systems engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with electronic products, at least 2yrs of application engineering experience
- Experience developing technical documentation
- Knowledge of international standards such as product safety standards, EMC standards, NEC, etc
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems using standard electronics lab equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, temperature chambers, load banks, etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing small and large projects
- Ability to coordinate work with other team members for successful project execution
- Ability to work independently, manage your own time and priorities
- Other engineering skills such as programming, circuit design, schematic entry, PCB design, embedded systems development, communications protocols (CAN, SPI, etc), material engineering, quality, etc are a plus
VoltServer is an innovative company that has been the first to pioneer Digital Electricity. We apply power electronics and digital signal processing to “encode” electricity in discrete, traceable packets containing both energy and data – it is safe to touch, even at high voltages. Digital Electricity™ reduces installation time and cost, and allows intelligent, fine-grained control and telemetry of equipment. We are rapidly developing game-changing solutions for mobile network infrastructure, solar energy, solid state lighting and data centers.
Our offices are based in the vibrant waterfront community of East Greenwich, Rhode Island, just a short commute from Providence. We offer competitive compensation including salary, generous paid leave and comprehensive health plan coverage.
Job Type: Full-time