Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) oversees and supports the procurement activities of City agencies, with a goal to ensure fairness, transparency, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Director is the City Chief Procurement Officer. Annually, agencies procure billions in products and services from a diverse pool of vendors that represent various industries. MOCS partners with industry groups to implement policies and tools that streamline and modernize procurement, resulting in the delivery of quality services to New Yorkers. Team members operate in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment, where flexibility and ability to achieve results are valued.
- Develop testing approach and scripts (both automated and manual) based on established standards and the analysis of design documentation and requirements
- Define automated test criteria, designs & develop the test automation framework and automate tests cases for all functionality that meets specified automation criteria
- Communicate automation priorities and status across the team
- Develop ETL and database automation scripts and help in load testing
- Manage testing process using an SDLC tracking system
- Create and/or contribute in the design of various testing deliverables and other project deliverables
- Work with developers and support teams to resolve defects and environment issues
- Acquire and create test data and analyze/verify data
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Perform and coordinate testing activities including developing and running test scripts, coordinating UAT and tracking defect/fixes
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
2. Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in “2” above; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience
Candidate should be client focused, committed to rapid execution, strategic and flexible, and deeply committed to the mission of advancing greater equality and opportunity.
Preferred Technical skills include:
Preferred Business skills include:
- At least 3-5 years of experience leading a test team on complex IT projects
- Experience creating automation framework using Java, Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with Behavior-Driven-Development (BDD)
- Experience creating automated testing scripts for both functional and performance testing
- Experience using Jenkins for Continuous Integration, Development, and Deployment
- Experience creating test data for both manual and automation testing
- Intermediate SQL skills (select, insert, update, joins, data types, subqueries/nested queries, etc.)
- Experience using SQL Developer, SQL Plus and FTP clients
- Experience with HTML/CSS/XML, web services and SoapUI testing
- Basic understanding of ETL processes and scheduled automated processes
- Understanding of SDLC environments/tiers and their functions (DEV, TST, STG, PRD, etc.)
- Experience testing on various web browsers and browser versions and configuring browser settings
- Understand and write/update Functional and Technical documentation
- Self-Starter, Problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Ability to learn and understand complex Business Processes and Business Rules quickly
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Communicate with 3rd parties as needed for requirements gathering
- Attention to detail
- Lead meetings and prioritize assignments
- Learn and adapt to new management software systems (i.e. Remedy, HP Quality Center, SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with 3rd parties as needed for requirements gathering and clarifying functional requirements.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Special accommodations provided for applicants with disabilities.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services recognizes the unique skills and strengths gained through military service. Veterans and service members of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Education provides student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) to qualifying public service employees. As an employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness should you meet the program’s eligibility requirements. For additional information on the PSLFP, please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
External Applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID#: 417300.
Current City Employees, please go to www.nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID#: 417300.
Applicants may apply for jobs via NYCAPS with Apple products if they use the appropriate browser, such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari.
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
22 Reade St. New York, NY 10007
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.