We are an award-winning commercial general contractor based in Minneapolis. We specialize in multi-family, mixed use and hospitality projects. We have established ourselves as the go-to-firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we are most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for a few people who embody our values of fairness, integrity and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. The Company is committed to excellence and is looking for people who will contribute to the company’s growth.
We are seeking Project Manager candidates with a minimum of 5 years successful commercial construction experience to join our team in the Uptown area of Minneapolis! Must have experience building multi-family or multi-purpose facilities.
What you’ll do:
This position is responsible for leading and directing the project team while maintaining the relationships with all project stakeholders. The PM will oversee and manage all activities of the project including client and contract requirements, planning, scheduling, and evaluating project scope and completing proposals, costs and budgets with accuracy. The PM ensures that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters either by performing the following duties personally or through Superintendents and Project Engineers. This is an opportunity to see and make a positive impact in all aspects of the project, or multiple projects at any one time. We operate in an environment where our professionals are able to do their best work, with direct influence on design and sub choices. Your duties will include:
- Provide leadership for multiple construction projects from preliminary budgeting, through final design, permitting, construction and project closeout
- Review project proposal plans and specifications to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- As with any large project, client interface and managing stakeholders is a core function, and you will lead interactions, negotiations and provide robust solutions
- Manage the overall financial health of projects; works with the actual billings on projects and works with President and Controller to ensure a smooth process on all projects
- Execute change orders and negotiate with the Owner and subcontractors on projects in order to maintain an efficient and well-run project
- Functions as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Lead and mentor Project Engineers and Interns
- Directs and coordinates project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule, on-time completion and within prescribed budget
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepares project reports for management, clients, or others.
Want to get your resume to the top? Take a look at our requirements:
What You’ll Get:
- 5+ years of related experience working on commercial construction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or another related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project/Word/Excel is a must; preferred software is Procore, Timberline, Sage and On-Screen Takeoff
- Understands, and can communicate, best practices in all phases of commercial construction
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
- Working knowledge of the Design/Build method of project delivery
- Wood frame and multi-family experience is a must
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively, be customer focused, and display a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and access to a vehicle
We strive to provide a generous compensation and benefits package to help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a great work/life balance. Our benefits include medical (two plan options), dental, vision, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) plus company match, holidays, and PTO. On top of all that, you’ll be surrounded by awesome people who care deeply about what they do and will do whatever it takes to help YOU succeed.
Due to our company size, all employees have the opportunity for immediate involvement and impact in every aspect of their position. You won’t find a better career in the commercial construction industry anywhere else. Let’s talk! We’ll prove it!
The Next Step:
As a part of the application process, we ask that you submit the following:
- Salary Requirements
- Project list that includes project type, cost and your role
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will do our best to be in touch within 3 business days. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Qualified candidates who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and criminal background check.
We are not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruiters at this time.