THE PORTFOLIO COMPANY
A $20M+ revenue business producing complex machined components for the Aerospace and Défense sector. The firm works with clients such as Collins Aerospace, Honeywell, Raytheon, Pratt & Whitney and many more tier 2 and tier 3 companies. Located out of Yankton in the state of South Dakota.
Totalling 160,000 square feet and 150 employees across both companies. The firm consists of two companies a build to print business and a build to spec business.
THE FIRMS CULTURE
The firm has a very family type feel to its culture, they have a real feeling that everyone is in it together.
- Very good OTD and quality standards
- Part of the Loar group with 13 different companies
- Real team atmosphere across the group of companies
- Lots of variety
- Small close-knit team and community
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS ROLE
- Integrate well with the remote design engineering team (Mostly on the West Coast)
- Document and standardize the processes and systems for the Freeman business, limited standardization or processes currently in place
- Support the business to be the supplier of choice
- Productivity initiatives (Technology implementation, streamlining)
- Cost reduction processes
- Decrease defect rate further 3000 parts per million currently
- Completing a typical Manufacturing Engineer role alongside the following requirements
- Process Implementation
- Own the process
- Creating a well-defined and repeatable process
- Working with the floor personnel
- Identifying hurdles and gaps
- Utilizing the data to make decisions
- Cost reduction
- Manufacturing process improvement
- Use SolidWorks
Basic Salary: £62,500 to £90,000 per annum
Bonus: 5% bonus
401k | Healthcare
Yankton isn’t just South Dakota’s most historic town. It’s also one of the best. Located along the Missouri River in south-eastern South Dakota, this river city is full of unique dining, shopping and outdoor experiences. Whether you’re taking in sights of the Missouri River from the Meridian Bridge, enjoying the Lewis & Clark Recreation Area or exploring the Meridian District, you’ll find Yankton is exactly where you want to be.
Yankton is the mother city of the Dakotas and the original capital of the Dakota Territory. Long before Yankton was established, the Lakota Native Americans welcomed explorers Lewis and Clark to the area, giving our beautiful lake its namesake.
Today, Yankton is a modern and thriving city with a population of nearly 15,000. You will find an incredible array of outdoor recreational activities, a growing historical downtown, numerous employment options, and a safe, community-centered environment for people of all ages looking to make Yankton home.
The city has an airport and the usual amenities alongside a low crime rate and a low cost of living. The local schools are incredibly good and some of the best in the surrounding states. The business is located around an hour away from Sioux City, Sioux Falls and 2 hours from Omaha.
The successful profile will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Aerospace and defense
- Machined component experience
- Process improvement
- System improvement
- Driving productivity and cost reduction initiatives
The successful profile will display the following characteristics:
- Makes decisions on facts and data
- Fast paced
- Hands on approach
- Thick skinned
- Strong communication skills
- Team orientated
Raw Selection is a specialist executive search firm working exclusively with Private Equity firms and their portfolio companies across Europe and North America.
We help introduce candidates just like you to exceptional careers at fast-growing, forward-thinking companies. We understand that the Private Equity industry attracts the very best professionals in the world and we love nothing more than supporting executives just like you to secure exceptional career opportunities.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Confidentiality is key at Raw Selection. We will never discuss your personal information or send your CV/Resume without your permission.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,500.00 - $90,000.00 per year