The Quality Engineer represents Quality during NPI, configuration management, production, and other Customer and Product-facing activities. The QE leads and facilitates the administration and continuous improvement of the site’s products, to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements. The Quality Engineer works with the customer focus team to ensure customer requirements are documented, reported and met. The QE supports Supplier Quality activities as needed to ensure we are receiving conforming parts from our suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gathers information from Engineering specifications and work instructions to verify product conformance.
- Ensures documentation is accurate and complete and conforms to ISO standards.
- Works closely with internal and external relationships that require exchanging information and providing explanations in a problem solving capacity.
- Assists in notification of applicable document releases and/or updates to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares and conducts customer specific Quality presentations via web or at customer site.
- Initiate and promote continuous improvement and Lean principles throughout the organization.
The work performed in this job can only be done on-site and attendance is an essential function of the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business or management field with 3 to 5 years’ experience, or
8 to 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, providing familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Strong understanding of applicable regulations and standards (e.g. AS9100, APQP, ISO 14971).
- Experience in the application of Quality tools, Quality Concepts, Operations, Procedures and Work Instructions.
- 5 to 7 years experience as a Quality professional in support of both military and non-military customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Ability to accurately perform tasks in applicable business systems, including ERP and statistical analysis applications.
- Highly preferred: knowledge of materials, components and methods used in the construction of electronic systems, printed circuit board assemblies and subassemblies.
- Proficient with RCCA, PFMEA, CAPA and QMS management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to efficiently organize, file and retrieve hard copy and electronic information relating to the business of the work unit.
- Must have the legal-permanent right to work in the United States.
- Will be required to sign a Non-compete agreement upon offer.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret customer and product specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Good spelling, grammar, and composition skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of internal and external customers. Ability to professionally present complex information to a variety of audiences.
Ability to explain and apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Ability to specify and perform data collection, graph generation, and report management.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. These abilities apply to organizing and prioritizing workload as well as solving problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. ASQ CQE or CQM Certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
MILWAUKEE ELECTRONICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year