- Installation of robots and peripheral equipment.
- Basic Path Teaching, modifying, fine tune robot paths and programs. Integration/interface of FRA supplied equipment into Customers processes.
- Testing or functional verification of all major components. Troubleshooting and/or debug of technical problems.
- Repair, rework, or retrofit of product and equipment.
- Paint and/or Sealant System specific training of Customer personnel.
- Communicate and interface directly with Customer and Engineering Groups.
- Complete documentation and reports (Installation,
- FSR’s, Expense, and Time Reports) organizing, monitoring.
- Maintain (As-built) and return to engineering.
- Computer Knowledge for software loading and/or modifying.
- Problem Solving, identify causes and offer other potential solutions.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with emphasis on satisfying the Customer.
- Understand and update engineering documentation, prints and/or schematics (layout, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic,).
- Basic Controls
- Some knowledge of Automation.
- Use of hand tools (drill, punch, crimpers, solder, etc) and instrumentation (DVM, oilloscope).
- Associates Degree in an Applied Science or equivalent technical education.
- One to two years of relevant experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location