EXCEL USA is currently accepting resumes for a Locomotive Engineer / Rail Switchman to join our team at a petrochemical facility around the Plaquemine, LA area. This position will be responsible for the safe and efficient loading of railcars and hopper cars. This individual will also need to have experience operating a track mobile and locomotive.
Locomotive Conductor Duties:
- Interpret train orders, signals, or railroad rules and regulations that govern the operation of locomotives. See more occupations related to this task.
- Confer with conductors or traffic control center personnel via radiophones to issue or receive information concerning stops, delays, or oncoming trains. See more occupations related to this task.
- Receive starting signals from conductors and use controls such as throttles or air brakes to drive electric, diesel-electric, steam, or gas turbine-electric locomotives. See more occupations related to this task.
- Monitor gauges or meters that measure speed, amperage, battery charge, or air pressure in brake lines or in main reservoirs. See more occupations related to this task.
- Observe tracks to detect obstructions.
Rail Switchman Duties:
- Examines track list in order to determine which railcars are to be spotted, loaded, and/or shipped
- Proceeds to the designated track(s) in order to separate railcars to be shipped/loaded, and ensure that there is proper track space available for inbound railcars
- Separates inbound railcars and spots the railcar for loading/discharge
- Ensures that all railcars, which have been spotted, are properly secured by means of setting the brake
- Pulls and separates loaded railcars that will be shipped from those that have been preloaded
- Checks outbound railcars in order to ensure that all railcars are properly connected
- Weighs all inbound and outbound loads and empties
- Ensures that DOT certification for weight on outbound loads is not exceeded
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- locomotive/rail king: 5 years (Preferred)
- Switching: 5 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place