DSC Dredge, LLC. is looking for new team members ready to work hard with a positive attitude in a fast paced environment. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings! Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
- Utilizes drafting software to design and develop infrastructure layouts and diagrams from initial concept to final design. The type of design and drawings this position generates include but are not limited to: Single Line Diagrams; AC and DC electrical schematics; Instrumentation loop drawings; Details electrical JB backplanes (PLC, terminal strips, fuses, wire duct, power supplies, etc.); Lighting and JB layouts; Conduit routing; PLC's
- Develops and reviews electrical designs with Engineers and provide equipment drawings of schematics for the purpose of manufacturing.
- Works with Engineers to implement the design and ensure proper operation of final assembly.
- Communicates and resolves design issues with the Engineers, Production team, Field Service Technicians and third party vendors.
- Works with project team to develop project scope and costing, obtaining input from third parties such as component vendors, utilities, construction contractors,and permitting authorities.
- Maintains current inventory of drawings and specifications for individual components and assembly drawings.
- Collaborates with engineers, customers, and contractors to support installation, operation,and maintenance of systems.
- Uses computer-aided drafting equipment, technical handbooks, tables, and other tools to create to-scale drawings of newly designed equipment.
- Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Assembles documentation packages and produces drawing sets which are checked by an engineer.
- Reviews completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Explains drawings to production teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire team.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Inventor (preferred).
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing(drug test, physical) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school degree or GED. Associate’s degree (AA) or Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Drafting preferred, or a related field. 1-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being "the world's leader in portable dredges".
Apply online at www.dscdredge.com or in person. No calls please.
You may also apply in person at 156 Airport Rd, Reserve, LA 70084 between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off