The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is looking to add an ERP Programmer Analyst I to their team. This position will perform the analytical and supervisory work in planning, organizing and controlling the activities of programmers in designing, maintaining and coordinating the operation of computer information systems for the Admissions components of the PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications (EA) for the University of North Texas and the UNT System.
This position also involves direct programming work in both development and maintenance projects and troubleshooting errors. Work is performed with independent judgment, in accordance with established University and Information Technology Shared Services department policies and procedures, under the general direction of the Student Administration Resource Managers and Technical Lead of the Admissions System Development Team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Translate concepts, information and functional user feedback into effectively designed programs/processes.
- Write computer programs/processes as assigned by project/resource manager using programming language specified and following UNT programming standards.
- Write computer programs/processes to produce ad-hoc reports, labels and/or data files at the request of the functional users.
- Involve the functional users in the preparation of the test plan that will be used to test and debug each program/process.
- Develop a workable testing and implementation plan with contingency plans that take into account potential problems.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and three years of related computer programming experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
- Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualification:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Admissions, PeopleSoft tools, including their integration tools, SQR, Application Designer, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Process Scheduler, Oracle SQL, BI Publisher and Phire Change Management software are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled