Exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager to join our team.
Diamond Mowers is seeking a Quality Manager who would like a clean slate to work with and minimal corporate red tape when designing our Quality Management System (QMS). This position can leave a footprint in building a quality program to continue our high-quality journey and lead the quality team.
As the Quality Manager, you will enhance focus on quality techniques, procedures, and applications, as well as drive our Quality Management System (QMS) to
continue to grow, evolve, and continuously improve. In this critical role, you will be responsible for ensuring Quality KPI’s are consistently met for all manufacturing departments.
- Manage and enforce QMS standards of operations, identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback mechanisms that meet the needs of manufacturing, sales, dealers, and end-users for all Diamond products.
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Develop process certification standards and assists in process certification.
- Establish a product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure Quality KPI’s are consistently met for all manufacturing departments.
- Provide manufacturing support as the technical expert/advisor by training employees on problem-solving methodologies, performing root-cause analysis, and other problem-solving diagnostics to identify corrective actions and process improvements.
- Ensure new designs and redesigns meet the needs of manufacturing, sales, dealers, and end-users for all Diamond products by implementing and overseeing calibration and testing programs, including identifying test equipment/tools.
- Design, implement, and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection.
- Effectively lead the quality assurance technicians on a day to day basis to include delegation of assignments, training and mentoring.
- Lead and manage a team of Quality Assurance Techs.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, or other engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years prior experience and/or training in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- 5+ years prior experience leading and managing a team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the Company.
- Experience in quality control, inspection techniques, auditing, problem-solving, and equipment handling.
- Knowledge of quality system methodologies Lean, 5 Why’s, PPAP, etc.
Experience utilizing Six Sigma, 8D, and A3 tools preferred.
Proven success troubleshooting complex problems within a manufacturing environment.
How to exhibit Diamond values in this role:
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products.
Customer Focused – meeting and exceeding internal and external customer requirements and expectations.
Team Player – collaborate for the good of the Company, treating peers with dignity and respect.
Excellence – continuous improvement is part of all we do.
Accountability – responsible for expectations and commitments.
Our Sioux Falls manufacturing centers produce industry-leading brush and grass cutting equipment. We are a company that invests in continuous development and growth for our employees. Our model rewards those who drive initiatives that build trust with both internal and external customers.
COMPENSATION & TERMS:
We offer competitive pay and benefits.
Diamond Mowers is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.