Opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team.
Diamond Mowers is seeking a qualified Quality Engineer to enhance focus on quality techniques, procedures and applications, as well as drive our Quality Management System (QMS) to continue to grow, evolve, and continuously improve. In this critical role, you will be responsible for ensuring Quality KPI’s are consistently met for all manufacturing departments.
Manage and enforce QMS standards of operations, identify opportunities to improve quality, and establish feedback mechanisms that meet the needs of manufacturing, sales, dealers, and end users for all Diamond products.
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Develop process certification standards and assists in process certification.
- Establish product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure Quality KPI’s are consistently met for all manufacturing departments.
- Provide manufacturing support as the technical expert/advisor, by training employees on problem solving methodologies, performing root-cause analysis and other problem-solving diagnostics to identify corrective actions and process improvements.
- Ensure new designs and redesigns meet the needs of manufacturing, sales, dealers, and end users for all Diamond products by implementing and overseeing calibration and testing programs including identifying test equipment/tools.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Effectively lead the quality assurance technicians on a day to day basis to include delegation of assignments, training, and mentoring.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years prior experience and/or training in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the Company.
- Experience in quality control, inspection techniques, auditing, problem-solving and equipment handling.
- Knowledge of quality system methodologies Lean, 5 Why’s, PPAP, etc.
Experience utilizing Six Sigma, 8D and A3 tools preferred.
Proven success troubleshooting complex problems within a manufacturing environment.
How to exhibit Diamond values in this role:
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office products.
Customer Focused – meeting and exceeding internal and external customer requirements and expectations.
Team Player – collaborate for the good of the Company, treating peers with dignity and respect.
Excellence – continuous improvement is part of all we do.
Accountability – responsible for expectations and commitments.
Our Sioux Falls manufacturing centers produce industry leading brush and grass cutting equipment. We are a company who invests in continuous development and growth for our employees. Our model rewards those who drive initiatives that build trust with both internal and external customers.
COMPENSATION & TERMS:
We offer competitive pay and benefits.
Diamond Mowers is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.