We are seeking a Traffic Engineer / Transportation Engineer with 3-5 years of experience. The Traffic Engineer / Transportation Engineer will work on a variety of public sector infrastructure projects in the NYC area. Work could include maintenance and protection of traffic (MPT) design, signing and striping design, traffic signal design, and various traffic studies.
- Prepare contract plans, estimates and specifications for Traffic Engineering work.
- Perform analytical tasks including traffic and data analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in Transportation Engineering
- Experience working with public agencies in the NY Metro area.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD / MicroStation
- Knowledge of the MUTCD, Roadside Design Guide, HCM, and AASHTO’s Geometric Design of Highways and Streets preferred
- Knowledge of planning/engineering software (Highway Capacity Software, SYNCHRO/SIM Traffic) preferred
SI Engineering, P.C. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and career advancement without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. We are committed to creating a diverse, productive and healthful work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Traffic Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement