Confidential Company is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to aid in providing leadership for the Quality team in the resolution of problems and continuous improvement of product, process and the Quality Management System. The successful candidate will aid in the development and implementation of systems and processes that promote the prevention of internal and external failures and will assure compliance to internal, customer and 3rd party regulatory standards and requirements. The successful candidate will ensure manufacturing processes are capable of meeting requirements as well as define process steps to maintain the company and plant quality system. Interested candidates who meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and manage effective process and product controls to ensure first time product quality.
- Resolve daily in-process quality issues for assigned value streams
- Evaluate and monitor raw material, in-process and finished good components against customer and regulatory requirements.
- Lead investigation and resolution for internal nonconformances, customer product quality complaints and supplier quality concerns using disciplined problem-solving techniques.
- Facilitate and manage continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety and drive down cost of quality metrics.
- Capture and maintain Quality scorecard metrics and recommend improvements with the goal of transitioning the organization from a reactive to a proactive culture.
- Participate in internal product/process quality audit, including closing out audit findings and reporting results.
- Utilize statistical data to identify and resolve safety and quality problems and lead initiatives that focus on problem prevention and variance reduction.
- Create, modify and implement sampling plans, quality standards and process control instructions.
- Maintain Gage calibration system to support measurement needs in production and QC.
- Develop and present Quality training.
- Provide engineering leadership for Quality regulatory interpretations and considerations for Management of Change.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 10 + years Quality Engineering experience
- Experience utilizing AIAG core requirements (PPAP, APQP, FMEA, MSA and SPC)
- Proven success in utilizing formal problem resolution tools.
- Experienced in utilization of Excel for data manipulation and analysis.
- Working background in ISO9001 required. Auditing experience a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with GD & T.
- ASQ CQE certification a plus.
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
- Inspiration leader who sets personal example and drives a culture of discipline.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative