As a member of our team, the candidate will perform product architecture definition, technical
planning, engineering analysis and design, systems integration, execute engineering activities,
develop technical solutions and perform systems functional analysis for robotic systems. The
candidate will work with leading providers of robotics within the commercial and DoD community to
integrate our solutions with their architecture.
Job responsibilities and skills include:
- Perform mechanical engineering / design of robotic systems to include:
o Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) and robotic end effectors / tools
- Robotic vehicle design to include vehicle design, structural / stress analysis, dynamic analysis,
vehicle control systems
- Develop robotic systems for robotic refueling to include custom robotic end effectors, fuel
pump and tank integration, and robotic arm mounting / integration.
- Develop engineering schedules and documentation including systems specs
- Develop robotic product architectures
- Perform detailed engineering analysis to include: FEA, kinematics, motion analysis, motor
analysis, autonomous controls, sensor integration, control systems, robotic simulations, etc.
- Evaluate and analyzing the development of robotics systems and equipment
- Support risk and configuration management activities
- Prepare technical and project status reports and conducting technical reviews
- Interact with internal team, as well as partners and customers
- Work with suppliers for the quoting and fabrication of parts and assemblies
- Develop and/or utilize sensor interfaces for cameras, lasers and radars
- Working with program peers and customers to develop ConOps, system level requirements
and interface definitions
- Perform system/product integration. Verifies and validates highly complex system designs to
ensure conformance with specifications and customer requirements
Education and Experience:
- Support of robotic field testing
- Perform basic prototyping and fabrication of parts to include use of mill, drills, welders
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering / robotics. A
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical is required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
Skills and Certifications:
SolidWorks CAD Software, Agile Product Lifecycle Management. DoD
Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted
information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Full Time, Salary
Stratom is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees
regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap,
physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life
and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply
for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to firstname.lastname@example.org.