Performs engineering work relating to the manufacturing process for a variety of parts. Resolves production problems while considering the impact to Quality, Planning, Production and Cost. Completes documentation to meet Superalloy and Customer requirements on assigned parts. Interfaces with customers as needed. Generally operates with appreciable attitude for non-reviewed action or decision‑making. Has average to above-average knowledge and understanding of Electro‑Chemical Machining (ECM), Conventional Machining, and other common manufacturing technologies and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the sequence of operations in the manufacture of parts.
- Prepares and updates routers, operation sheets and work instructions. Researches new manufacturing methods.
- Establishes manufacturing standards.
- Determines and troubleshoots manufacturing processes at all levels of complexity.
- Engineers tools, fixture and gauging modifications.
- Gives technical direction to CAD/CAM, production and inspection personnel as needed.
- Coordinates part inspection procedures with Quality Engineers.
- Addresses and documents cause and corrective action issues to prevent future problem occurrences.
- Interfaces with customers concerning design problems, part prints, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience and training. Minimum of 3 years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer II or the equivalent engineering experience in jet engine manufacturing processes, materials, and designs. Thorough knowledge of aerospace manufacturing and quality requirements. Average to above-average knowledge and understanding of ECM technologies and processes. Demonstrated ability to set up and operate ECM equipment. Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and data base computer software (i.e. Word, Excel). Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Normal working environment – standing, sitting, walking – typically inside a building. Minimal exposure to excessive noise, dirt, chemicals, extreme temperatures, or hazardous conditions. Frequent use of computers.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering in jet engine mfg processes, materials, design: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering II: 3 years (Required)