Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked 190 in ENR’s 2021 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group’s prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020 and 2021!
Ardurra is currently searching for an Entry-Level Electrical Engineer to work in our Knoxville, TN office.
In this role you will provide engineering and design for electrical, lighting, and broadband utility projects.
- Collaborate with project managers and other engineers to design and draft construction plans and specifications for electrical, lighting, and broadband utility projects
- Perform design calculations including mechanical pole loading, minimum clearances, voltage drop, lighting photometrics, and fault current to properly size utility poles, conductors, panels, and similar equipment
- Create and utilize three-dimensional models of overhead electrical and broadband projects using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and similar design software
- Draft construction plans in AutoCAD, Microstation, or similar CAD software within the supervision of a Professional Engineer
- Coordinate design conflicts with other utilities and designers as required for roadway relocation and similar multi-discipline projects
- Develop working knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code and apply knowledge to appropriate design projects
- Interpret design plans and specifications to quantify total materials and estimate approximate construction costs
- Prepare and review construction specifications and contract documents for bidding purposes
- Visit project sites to collect field data, review proposed routes and existing infrastructure, and oversee construction
- Attend project coordination meetings, business development functions, and similar client-facing events
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering at an ABET Accredited college
- Successful completion of the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or the ability to complete within first year of employment
- Interest in the electrical utilities industry including transmission and distribution line design, secondary electrical distribution, lighting, and broadband infrastructure
- Reasonable proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and commitment to actively participate in our company culture
- Internship, co-op, or similar entry level work experience
- CAD experience (AutoCAD, MicroStation, or similar)
- PLS-CADD or similar pole design software
- VISUAL or similar lighting design software
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We’re not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Job Type: Full-time