Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for a Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our growing team! We are primarily looking in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic/Mid-West regions.
- Responsible for in-field coordination of construction teams with home office engineering support.
- Responsible for onsite construction site water management planning and treatment design (as required).
- Lead the planning, evaluation and selection of preferred alternatives.
- Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates for water resource projects utilizing commonly used software applications and specialized engineering software applications such as Civil 3D.
- Ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects.
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications.
- Resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective, and compliant manner.
- Provide construction support services (field meetings, submittal review, shop drawing review, RFIs).
- Perform various other tasks as assigned.
About Tetra Tech:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a focus in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of groundwater and water treatment and analysis experience. Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) experience is highly desired.
- A professional registration (Wastewater Operator, PMP, PE, etc.) is strongly desired.
- Strong water science knowledge, preferable in coal-fired power plant water flows.
- Design experience with pipe materials, valves and pumps.
- Hydraulic system calculations, pump stations, pressure pipelines, storm and sanitary sewer pipelines, and wastewater treatment plants;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling programs required, and BioWin preferred.
- Good communication skills are a must.
- Able to be in the field for extended periods of time in different terrain.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies