Skorpios Technologies, Inc., an innovator in heterogeneous integration of silicon photonic technology, is rapidly expanding. We’re looking for a motivated engineers to debug and solve complex hardware and software test problems. You will be empowered to make decisions and implement your creative ideas in order to advance Skorpios’ corporate strategy. We are looking for smart, dynamic people to work in our fast-paced manufacturing environment supporting our HPIC based products.
- Can read/improve in a high-level Object Orientated language (Java, C#, VB.NET, etc). Skorpios is using C# software to control custom and commercial test and measurement equipment using USB, GPIB, TCP/IP, and SPI interfaces.
- Candidate does not need to be a Software Architect but an engineer that can dig into existing code, make improvements, and determine / develop changes that impact cycle time, quality, and reliability of our products
- Help drive end to end test yield improvements and test time reduction efforts
- Provide software for skilled technicians for fault isolation of complex optical, electrical, and communication problems
- Participate in improving our shared code repository
- Should have basic understanding of electronics, be able to read electrical schematics and comprehend technical documents
- Provide fault isolation guidance based on investigation of failures
- Produce detailed documentation.
- BS Degree or higher in science or engineering required (Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics etc.)
Attributes of Successful Candidates:
- Knowledge of NRZ and PAM-4 modulation is required
- Electrical / Optical Serial Communications knowledge a plus
- 2+ years of experience working in manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of QSFP28 MSA
- Understand basic Statistics. Experienced with or can learn Gauge R&R and SPC (Statistical Process Control) is a plus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Experience with JMP Data Analysis Software is highly desirable
Benefits:Skorpios offers a full range of benefits, including:
- Communication - Able to interface with all levels of people from technicians to Vice Presidents in a professional manner.
- Proactive and self-motivating - Balances production needs with continuous improvement and development initiatives
- Process Orientation - Understands process components and attributes. Identifies, prioritizes and implements process improvement opportunities.
- Interpersonal Aptitude - Maintains effective working relationships with others both within and outside of their team.
- Interpersonal Influence - Uses interpersonal aptitude skills to build relationships beneficial in achieving work-related goals. Gains attention and respect of others.
- Commitment to Quality - Provides products and services of the highest quality, sets quality standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities.
Other Special Conditions and Requirements:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position
Skorpios is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.