- Efficiently work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented product development environment,
- Perform driver development for ARM CPUs for various interfaces - CPU-DDR, CPU-FPGA, CPU-NVRAM, CPU-DSP, CPU-PHY etc.
- Perform requirements breakdown analysis to help architect firmware design.
- Perform applications development in the Linux ecosystem based on firmware requirements specifications.
- Play a critical and substantial role as a firmware developer for new products,
- Play a critical and substantial role in porting firmware from PPC to ARM platforms w.r.t porting user applications as well as updating necessary peripheral drivers,
- Interface third-party software stacks with main firmware application running in the ARM processors,
- Design and develop Linux-based embedded firmware based on requirements specifications (C, C++).
- Participate in firmware architecture development, reviewing design specifications with other cross-functional teams.
- Co-ordinate and supervise work outsourced to external consulting firms/design vendors to meet project deadlines. This work includes, but not limited to, creating SOW, writing design specifications, creating test plans/procedures, performing deliverable validation etc.
BSEE or BSCS degree with a minimum of 5-8 years of Linux-based embedded firmware development for industrial products. MSEE preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Linux-based "C", "C++" development.
- Proven track-record for porting Linux-based applications from PPC to ARM processors, driver development, peripheral interfacing with ARM CPUs.
- Demonstrated experience of working at uboot, and kernel migration levels with proven ability to bring up Linux on ARM processors.
- Proven track-record for successful product development/enhancement based on legacy firmware.
- Demonstrated use of static code analysis tools such as “Source Insight”, “SonarQube”, “Klocwork/Rogue Wave” etc. during firmware development.
- Familiarity with TI’s ARM processors. Experience with Sitara family is preferred.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Proven ability to own problems to get them resolved.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-driven, achievement oriented with ability to work on multiple development projects concurrently.
Should have good communication skills
Should be a team player
Any specific industry experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills for the preparation of technical reports, presentations and technical mentoring are essential
- Work effectively on multiple projects
Any industrial Products , Teleprotection products
B.E. Electronics & Electrical