Must have a Secret or above DoD security clearance.
Serves as Quality Manager for PM SPIE programs, with duties as identified below:
- Plan, develop, implement, and manage Quality on assigned programs over their life cycle, ensuring that contractors meet their responsibilities for product quality in accordance with the contract requirements, and that systems fielded to Soldiers are of high quality and meet user requirements.
- Develop quality input for program management documents to include acquisition plans and strategies, source selection evaluation plans, supportability strategies, system engineering plans, statements of work, and specifications, and ensure appropriate contract clauses are included in PM SPIE contracts.
- Coordinate with product managers, users, ATEC, and other Government agencies as needed to translate operational and mission needs into practical system concepts and specifications.
- Review and evaluate system performance, assess risk, and make recommendations with respect to product acceptability.
- Assure compliance with contractual scope, schedules, specifications, and other requirements, and when appropriate, recommend program and contract changes.
- Develop or evaluate sampling plans based on MIL-STD-1916, ANSI Z1.4, or other industry standards.
- Participate in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and conferences as the quality engineer on assigned programs.
- Evaluate design efforts to ensure all appropriate environmental and performance issues have been considered and addressed.
- Review and ensure adequacy of all test plans, procedures, and reports for assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests, as well as all failure reports.
- Monitor testing to ensure test is being conducted in accordance with approved procedures, and report results to the PM. Ensure effective root cause corrective action for all failures as well as adequacy of validation and implementation plans.
- Evaluate engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations for quality impact, and conduct physical and functional configuration audits.
- Prepare contract letters for Quality Lead and COR signature for review of all quality related contract data.
- Maintain all quality data and metrics on Quality-Test SharePoint site.
- Conduct of audits of contractor quality management systems and system assembly and test procedures, to ensure contractor adherence to ISO 9001, the specification, and to all contract requirements.
- Evaluate contractor quality data, metrics, and process controls.
- Work with contractors to improve their quality system, processes and implementation of process controls.
- Conduct continuing review and evaluation of system performance through review of reports, correspondence, data bases, field data, product and process audits, and observation of internal operations.
- Provide Product Assurance Suitability Statement for material release.
- Ensure product quality deficiency reports (PQDR) are adequately addressed.
- Work with DCMA and monitor support provided on PM programs, ensure establishment of quality assurance letters of instruction (QALIs) and/or memoranda of agreement (MOA) where required, and review DCMA surveillance plans for
BS Engineering or Equivalent and 10 years relevant experience
Subject matter expert for Quality, and has the ability to lead Quality efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
Extensive experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality System Requirements and Auditing
Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level III PQM certification
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt