This position will involve computer drafting of diagrams and job prints and field survey work for project engineering. This position will be required to utilize client specific databases to research and produce pertinent information for job completion. Field survey work will require visiting work locations, taking photos and creating drawings for placement of telecom facilities.
Attention to detail is a critical expectation. The ability to prioritize and self-manage in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines is essential.
We will provide paid, job specific training for this role.
- Creating drawings and plans from sketches, photos and database information
- Taking notes, photos, measurements and drawings to create engineering plans
- Completing work in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Communicating with coworkers, supervisors and client representative in a professional and friendly manner at all times - both written and verbal communications
- Utilizing resources to maintain productivity
- Must be able to sit and utilize a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to walk job locations, open cabinets, access manholes or confined spaces as needed in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Excellent computer skills including CAD or similar drafting, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn various company systems to access, research, view and analyze information for use in completing job records, diagrams and prints
- High level of initiative and productivity and the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Civil or mechanical engineering is a plus
This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits including:
- health, vision and dental insurance
- company paid life insurance
- options for short and long-term disability insurance
- paid holidays
- paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Las Cruces, NM (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule