Senior Software Engineer
Ortho2, a leading provider of cloud-based, orthodontic practice management software, is looking for a forward thinking, self-starter to join our product development team in Ames, Iowa. The right candidate will enjoy mentoring a team of developers, creating cutting-edge solutions, collaborating to find meaningful updates, and be passionate about learning and evolving our development processes and coding standards.
- Mentor a team of software developers, review code and designs to help foster a culture of communication and engagement.
- Architect and develop solutions to challenging problems.
- Stay on the leading edge of technology developments.
- Collaborate with team members and customers to design new features and improve existing products.
- Contribute to evolving our development processes and coding standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- SPA or PWA experience using a component-based framework. (Angular, React, Blazor, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of relational (MSSQL, MySql) and NoSql databases (MongoDb).
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles and extensive experience with at least one language. (C#, Dart, Typescript, etc.)
- Strong background in multiple levels of testing. (unit, system, regression, load, etc.)
Preferred Experience with:
- Cloud computing experience with AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Docker or other container systems and Kubernetes or other orchestration systems.
- Knowledge of Microservices and associated best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of API design principles and technologies including caching, resiliency, REST, GraphQL, and gRPC.
- Exposure to CI/CD systems and other DevOps tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ames, IA 50010 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction