New Millennium Concepts, Ltd. (NMCL) is the manufacturer and distributor of the Berkey® line of gravity-fed water purification systems, which set the industry gold standard for performance and value. Berkey® systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements deliver a powerful, convenient and reliable water purification solution for outdoor recreation and survival situations. Berkey® systems are the leading gravity-fed water purification solution for outdoor enthusiasts, self-reliant homes, missionaries abroad, relief organizations and health-aware individuals and families around the world. At Berkey® by NMCL, we strive to provide high-quality, rigorously-tested water purification products. We believe Berkey® systems have become a necessary layer of protection for millions of families amid a growing concern regarding the deterioration of America’s water infrastructure. We believe Berkey® systems are essential tools for emergency preparedness. We value helping families, and we respect the universal need for clean water. Our associates are at the heart of what we do. We believe in teamwork, providing excellent customer service, building strong relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity.
New Millennium Concepts, Ltd uses the following Fundamental Principles of Structure:
- Golden Rule: Authority and Accountability must match.
- Specialization and Team work: You can only be world-class at one thing at a time; but you can’t specialize if you can’t team.
- Precise Domains: Define clear boundaries with no overlaps or gaps.
- Basis for Substructure: Divide a function into groups based on what it's supposed to be good at.
- Avoid conflict of interests: Don’t expect people to go in two opposing directions
- Cluster by Professional Synergies: Cluster groups under a common boss based on similar professions
- Busines within a Business: Every manager is an entrepreneur whose job is to satisfy customers (internal & external) with products and services.
The Base Engineer will be required to provide base engineering services that involve in-depth expertise for designing or obtaining components to be utilized in multiple purpose-specific solutions (Water filtration and Consumer Products). This highly skilled individual will be coordinating with other component engineers and applications engineers for product component creation of new or improved base components for multiple product categories (i.e. injection molding: glass or plastic, sheet manipulation, knowledge of deep drawing). The ideal candidate is passionate about base engineering, product improvement and has a history of proven success within these core competencies.
This position will also require great deal of project management and working on project teams. The position will require cross boundary teamwork and regular communication with designers, sales and marketing, IT engineers, suppliers (domestic & foreign), legal, service providers (internal & external) and other business units to create components for application products. The individual will be reporting to the engineering manager.
- Creativity for new product consideration improvement for existing product lines
- Collaborate with supply chain for supplier sourcing
- Develop supplier relationships
- Creation of product requirements for designers and engineers
- Create, discover or source product components to supply to application engineers
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication within the department
- Continual process improvement, and project management
- Design testing protocols to evaluate products
- Generate product evaluation reports to present to engineering department
- Review product design/blueprints
- Provide technical support for internal requests
- Report product creation cost to the engineering manager
- Some travel required
- Required minimum of four-year bachelor’s degree in Science (i.e. Chemistry, Biology), Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field of study
- Attributes: Highly motivated, problem solver, creative, high quality standards
- Proven experience at product creation
- Experience in the water filtration industry is desired
- Experience in a manufacturing setting, lab setting, or Engineering field preferred.
- Able to communicate with other engineers, internal teams, and external supplier and vendors
- Able to successfully manage multiple prioritized projects with a sense of drive and strong attention to detail
- 3D modeling experience is a plus
- Multi-lingual is a plus
- Pre- employment and criminal background screen required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe, we provide air purifiers throughout the office space. NMCL has adapted social distancing, washing our hands thoroughly, frequent hand sanitizing, and wearing masks when required.
Company's Facebook page: