SHINE is immediately seeking an Instrument and Control (I&C) Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, procuring, installing, and testing systems and equipment used to control and monitor processes for our new medical isotope production facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an I&C Engineer, lead the design, development, modification, and review of nuclear instrumentation, process instrumentation, and digital and analog control system designs, including distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and data acquisition systems (DAQ).
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines, procurement, operations, and quality assurance to specify, select, and ensure the timely delivery and installation of I&C equipment from a large variety of vendors and suppliers.
- Provide expertise or support in the areas of control system design, human system interface (HIS) development, human factors engineering (HFE), verification and validation (V&V), and cyber security.
- Prepare instrument specifications, calculations, and test plans to support the design, new construction, testing, commissioning, in-field troubleshooting and operation of the future SHINE medical isotope production facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in relevant engineering roles.
- Experience in engineering, maintenance, operations at a nuclear facility is a plus.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
Job Type: Full-time