We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Chief Engineer to oversee and ensure the company’s established standards for all physical assets including safety, appearance and all maintenance operations of the property, within the budgeted financial goals. As a high-end community, the standards for grounds, community areas and overall curb appeal will be high. In conjunction with the Property Manager, the Assistant Chief Engineer will oversee the work of other maintenance staff on location. The Assistant Chief Engineer will report to the Property Manager and will work closely with the Regional Maintenance Manager and other corporate and regional support to ensure standards and met and exceeded. This role will regularly interact with residents, so excellent customer service and a professional appearance are vital to this role.
- Oversee all physical assets of the property, including safety, appearance and all maintenance operations
- Provide solutions to any issues or concerns that may arise pertaining to the physical assets of the property
- Provide suggestions for opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Maintain safety records and ensure a safe environment for staff and residents
- Manage the work of the rest of the on-site maintenance staff
Your Record and Style
- At least 5 years of related experience; strong preference for experience in multifamily housing
- Management experience preferred
- Maintenance and safety certifications strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving abilities and a keen eye for opportunities for improvement
- Strong customer services skills and a “no job too small” mentality
CA Management Services provides best-in-class experiences for residents living in our communities. We do this by putting people first—both our residents and our employees. We believe in investing in our people through superb training and support, generous employee benefits and perks, and opportunities for career advancement by growing throughout our portfolio.