Prairie Engineers, P.C. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
Prairie Engineers is a full services engineering, geospatial, and environmental science firm with a goal of delivering sustainable infrastructure solutions and maintaining our natural and built environment. We are a woman-owned firm with offices in Columbia, Hillsboro, Peoria, and Springfield, Illinois; Hazelwood, Missouri; and Keokuk, Iowa. The firm provides services to federal, state, and local governments, utilities, industries, and private businesses.
Prairie Engineers is a growing company, looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to their team to assist in project planning, design, preparation of plans and specifications, and construction administration. This position will be a full-time position with benefits and a competitive salary based on qualifications. This position is available to be filled in our any of our office locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning, design, and construction administration of HVAC systems, chilled/hot water systems, and plumbing systems for governmental building projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Maintain focus on project delivery and customer service with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Project a professional, positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering field from an ABET Accredited University
- Current licensure as an Engineering Intern or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Willingness to travel to meet project requirements
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- 5+ years previous engineering experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite
Potential candidates for this position should fill out an application and contact Prairie Engineers via e-mail.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Preference will be given to applicants who reside in a HUBZone as defined by the US Small Business Administration. For a map of certified HUBZone areas, please refer to the following website: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map/
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite: 5 years (Preferred)
- previous: 5 years (Preferred)
- Revit: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering Intern (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible