Route out necessary components on the Northwood CNC router to get the best possible yield and quality out of every sheet of material. Load parts in machine, cycle machine, detect malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding production runs and maintain a safe, organized, clean work environment.
Duties and responsibilities for CNC Operator:
- Learn from CNC programmer how to use the CNC machine
- Understand the product line
- Read work orders and run pre-determined files with correct tooling and jigs to maximize productivity.
- Set up and operate 3 axis high speed CNC router
- Select and maintain sharp tools
- Enter tool offsets into Fanuc control
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results)
- Work with CNC programmers to diagnose and eliminate defective parts and machine downtime
- Stop machine to remove finished work piece or change tooling, set up, or work piece placement according to required machine sequence
- Position and secure work piece on machine bed, indexing table, fixture, or dispensing or holding device
- Drive forklift to stage needed material near CNC worktable
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures
- Special projects as requested.
- Positive attitude and strong focus is required to run the CNC router effectively. Good communication skills with peers as well a supervisor. Ability to read and understand work orders.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Certificate or degree is preferred.
Competitive wages, Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, bereavement, 401k with company match, weekend shift differential, 2nd / 3rd shift wage differential, holiday pay, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift