- Positive, cooperative, self-motivated, and professional behavior
- Contribute as necessary to get the job done
- Valley Tech Systems believes in consistent, positive, cooperative, self-motivated professional behavior—we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
- Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job description, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
Under senior Mechanical Engineering supervision, perform engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives that involves conventional types of plans and specifications. Perform as a technical contributor on projects, periodic testing campaigns and design reviews under the direction and supervision of Senior project personnel. Work within a team to promptly complete tasks. Communicate effectively to accomplish assignments and support others in accomplishing their assignments.
- Perform mechanical component design using CAD models.
- Participate in design reviews
- Conduct structural and thermal FEA on mechanical design components and mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Prepare engineering drawings.
- Participate in hardware assembly and testing activities.
- Participate in internal engineering and customer meetings and reviews.
- Any general engineering work experience is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science required in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline from an accredited university.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of CAD software
- Understanding of finite element analysis
- Possess good communication skills
- Works well in a team atmosphere
- Willingness to seek-out and assume increasing responsibilities as work load changes
- Aptitude for working with mechanical and electrical systems
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance