At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
2. Orchestrate and execute project work efforts focused on Technical Data Package development & delivery; providing detailed measurable metrics to leadership.
3. Provide leadership and guidance to both direct and indirect team members in development of new processes and procedures to gain functional improvements in change management efficiencies.
4. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
5. Communicate project objectives to team members
6. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
7. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
8. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, quality assurance, research and historical records
9. Perform engineering analysis to support to the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
10. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
11. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
12. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
13. Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
14. Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
15. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
16. Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
17. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
- 5-plus years of related experience
- Experience with CREO cad system
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- PMP certification
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.