The Principal Reliability Engineer is responsible for ensuring that Cameron LNG operations is compliant with company and regulatory inspection requirements. The Reliability Engineer is also responsible for establishing and support activities/programs aimed at ensuring Cameron LNG achieves availability targets. This position will establish and coordinate the reliability centered maintenance and risk based inspection management systems. This positon will act as the technical steward for all primary and ancillary facility processes, equipment (fixed and rotating) and metallurgy. The Reliability Engineer ensures facility documentation processes are followed and adhered to. This position will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced engineering, maintenance, and operations staff.
This position is located in Hackberry, LA. Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) is required.
- Provides daily equipment operational support. Initiates and coordinates corrosion and equipment
monitoring schedules and records. Acts as curator of inspection and rotating equipment data and history providing transparent access to all. Responsible for the fixed and rotating equipment and supporting the development of all equipment modifications at the facility. Support engineering and facilities improvement projects by contributing engineering and quality control expertise. Establishes and supervises rotating equipment vendor support contract for gas turbines.
- Participates in the development of detailed procedures, practices and standards for maintenance and operations. Uses computer aided engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks and develop documentation.
- Responsible for mechanical and operating issues (not limited to risk engineering, equipment integrity and applicability to specifications, philosophies and standards) and develops knowledge of all the systems and equipment by working closely with the others in the group. Organizes and leads investigations into unplanned equipment outages with the help of his operational and engineering colleagues. Advises on improvements to increase equipment reliability. Sets up maintenance, including inspection and reliability data, management system for the new LNG facilities. Initiates equipment reliability improvement in conjunctions with operations and engineers from the other sections.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting and provides assistance in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance department. Establishes and coordinates introduction and execution of the reliability management system with the close involvement and action of maintenance and operation departments. Works with facilities on reliability issues when they occur and be on call as required.
- Supports the development of proposals for facility improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates for capital projects. During development and construction, supports the Program Manager as assigned to minimize overruns in project-related spending. Provides SME support others that will maintain and improve plant availability within the needs of the business.
- Develops working relationships with other department personnel within the plant in order to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Reinforces awareness of safety and environmental incidents through frequent job observations by talking to personnel working in the plant.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Mechanical discipline preferred
- 20+ years in the petrochemical industry with experience in a similar position of responsibility. Expertise in an operating LNG liquefaction plant or similar facility.
- Gas turbines experience required.
- Application experience of reliability management systems.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve problems independent of vendors and superiors and have knowledge in theory, design, process control, instrumentation, safeguarding systems, vibration and noise control.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills. Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG receiving terminal.
- Basic computer skills including project management, database, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing skills, and Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD).
- Possesses good planning and organization shills and meets work deadlines.
- Possesses the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, run, sit, kneel, twist, bend, pull, push, carry, lift, reach overhead and drive. Most activities involve movement of either the upper and lower body extremities or both and the joints associated with these areas of the body.
- Must be able to enter confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders that ranges from 4 ft to 200 ft.
- Must be able to lift equipment needed to perform work.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment such as safety harness, respirator and other protective equipment as needed to perform job.
- Must be willing to be on call, work overtime as required and handle emergency response responsibilities.
- Must be willing to travel for trainings as required.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as defined per Company policy.
Job Type: Full-time
- reliability management systems: 10 years (Required)
- gas turbine: 10 years (Preferred)