Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
***This Position is the F-22 Lead Field Service Engineer for Low Observables located at ***
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics company as an F-22 Lead Field Service Engineer for Low Observables on our Aeronautics Field Sustainment (AFS) team. This position directly reports to the Lockheed Martin (LM) Aeronautics Field Sustainment (AFS) Modification, Upgrade, and Overhaul (MUO) F-22 site manager at Ogden Air Logistics Complex (OO-ALC), Hill AFB, Utah.
The selected candidate will guide the successful implementation of F-22 aircraft modification and depot maintenance efforts and acts as project lead for all Low Observable (LO) maintenance activity. Rallies and aligns all support requirements to include engineering and material tools with the team. Reviews and evaluates completion of modification efforts and provides feedback to the team for continuous improvement. Ensures compliance with Customer, Company, and Program procedures relative to the Aircraft Maintenance, Repair, and Modifications effort. Provides complete LO sight picture to Ogden site leadership for F-22 modification development, support planning, integration, and implementation. Must be proactive and always utilize sound judgment; diplomatic with the ability to establish and preserve effective relationships.
This position is a primary interface between LM Engineering and Logistics support as well as onsite partners at the Program Office and OO-ALC. Candidate is responsible for driving LO maintenance initiatives and providing guidance and training that enable successful completion of depot level modifications and the maintenance of the LO system on the F-22. The successful candidate will be fully accountable for all LO support to the PO, OO-ALC, and LM engineering communities on a daily basis, providing the highest quality services to aid in ALC efforts such as planning, scheduling and execution of all required LO maintenance activity.
Candidate is considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and a leader in various aspects of aircraft LO maintenance whose tasks includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Interpreting and guiding partners on Modification work control documents and instructions
- Ensuring all tooling and equipment is available for scheduled LO maintenance activity
- Coordinating all LO support activity to include engineering assists
- Providing daily status of aircraft to AFS MUO Leadership
- Identifying any cost/schedule impacts and corrective action plan development
- Perform detailed pre and post aircraft Radar Verification (RVR) analysis.
- Perform part RCS verification duties to include Preliminary Review while also partnering with LM engineering and Customer production teams ensuring Quality and Success.
- Provide support to commodity repair shops performing LO maintenance in support of modification efforts
The selected candidate must possess at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain a Final Secret Security Clearance. Must be a United States citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
- Experience in fighter aircraft maintenance, operations and/or modifications environment.
- Experience leading and supporting all aspects of unit and depot level aircraft modifications, including Contractor Field Team (CFT) support.
- Experience with Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) implementation.
- Experience in coordinating modification/retrofit actions with a diverse team of contractors and end users.
- Experience with researching and interpreting modification engineering drawings and manufacturing/material process specifications.
- Must have system/subsystem operational checkout and troubleshooting experience in an aircraft maintenance and modification environment.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
- United States Air Force aircraft depot maintenance or management experience
- Experience working with and consulting Air Force service representatives
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of the F-22 LO system
- Experience and working knowledge with F-22 sustainment tools; Digital Image Management System (DIMS), Raptor Data Library (RDL), Field Information Network (FIN), Signature Assessment System (SAS), Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS) and (Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS).
- Knowledge and experience with program change/configuration management and associated change boards for processing change requests with retrofit implications.
- Proficient with Portable Maintenance Aid (PMA)
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, ability to lead and execute with a diverse set of partners, ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.