- Driver's License
FUNCTION: Responsible for the development of mechanical system designs and the preparation of construction drawings and specifications for Facilities Management and University staff.
1. Consults with other University professional staff including departmental and Facilities Management representatives in developing mechanical/structural system requirements into proposed plans for new structures or building modifications.
2. Coordinates with other University departments to define project requirements, serving as contact person for clients, vendors, and contractors on specific projects.
3. Assists in the development of project requirements and drawings and specifications for projects.
4. Develops construction drawings and specifications from project requirements.
5. Inspects construction projects for building modifications to ensure that work being performed conforms with plans and specifications and that construction drawings are accurate.
6. Schedules building renovations and modifications and provides periodic progress reports for current projects.
7. Provides direction and guidance to drafting personnel.
8. Assists in the preparation of documentation for new budget requirements and overall project cost estimates.
9. Ensures that personnel supervised are informed of and adhere to established health and safety practices associated with assigned tasks.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
36 months design experience, including some space planning and some Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
Advanced math skills
Read and understand complex written materials such as blueprints, metrics or technical manuals
Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
Able to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives
Able to effectively evaluate projects/programs and produce comprehensive reports
Able to perform complex computations using mathematical formulas requiring an understanding of algebra and/or geometry or higher level of mathematics
Valid driver's license
Registration as Professional Engineer or ability to obtain license within six months of employment
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Working with people
Eyestrain from working often with computers
Repetitive hand and wrist use
Making decisions based upon research and study
Sitting for prolonged periods
Dealing with confrontation
Occasional exposure to dust, fumes, and odors
Bending and stooping as necessary
Registration as Professional Engineer preferred
AutoCad experience preferred
60 months related design experience, including some space planning
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties. May provide direction and guidance to student drafting personnel.
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/PoliciesHandbooks/TBTesting
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? Yes
Special Indications: Hiring contingent upon drug testing
Job Posting: Dec 16, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
JOB DESCRIPTION HELP
Documents required for this position are listed under the "Required Attachments" section of this job listing. You will be required to upload and attach these documents in the application process.
Important: ALL required documents must be attached to your job application or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!