The Senior Staff Reliability Engineer is responsible for design input, reliability testing and improvements on new and existing products. You will interact with cross-functional team members (R&D, Quality engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Marketing) focusing on the reliability of new and existing products from new design through production, and service.
· Collaborate with Product Marketing and business stakeholders to understand reliability needs, and to develop reliability goals for new products.
· Analyze, derive, and allocate Reliability requirements, budgets, and targets for system, sub-systems, and assemblies.
· Analyze usage and environmental conditions to improve requirement setting and testing methods.
· Employs Systems modeling, predictive and non-destructive testing methodologies to identify reliability issues within Systems architecture and designs.
· Facilitate and participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design for Reliability (DFR), Effects Analysis/Fault Tree Analysis, and Reliability modeling of components and sub-systems to drive reliable design choices and improve verification and validation test planning.
· Participate in design reviews and provide input for the reliability section of the design review.
· Coach engineers on the required Reliability activities, drive learning and meeting project milestones
· Create and maintain product reliability plans and reports.
· Provides input to the Risk Management Team anticipating reliability-related safety hazards.
· Work with quality and service to identify reliability issues trends with the goal of being input to new or modified existing designs.
· Work with supplier selection for higher reliability components and provide clear guidance on reliability requirements for suppliers.
· Research and apply failure mechanisms of new technologies and applications to new product development projects.
· Develop reliability design guidelines and apply reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
· BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
· Minimum 12 years of experience in an optoelectronics-software design for reliability role
· Experience with medical device product lifecycle preferred; working knowledge of medical device systems including optics, mechanical, electrical, and software components.
· Experience with designing fault-tolerant systems.
· Understanding of degradation models and failure knowledge of components and assemblies.
· Familiar with modern design methodologies and associated tools.
· Familiarity with mechatronic systems including knowledge of communication protocols, motor controllers, and microcontrollers/FPGAs.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills to communicate clearly and concisely.
· Preferred experience with: reliability statistics, reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Tree Analysis, Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause and Root Cause Failure Analysis, Design of Experiment, xFMEA, DfX.
· Ability to adapt readily to change in routine and to work across multiple areas.
· Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $175,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Covid protocol in place
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin, CA: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- Reliablity Engineering: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location