VIP is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure in Colchester, VT. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering a mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security on the VIP systems.
Primary responsibilities include the implementation and support of virtualized x86 systems, networking equipment, and other supporting IT infrastructure. These systems will support functions such as reverse proxies, web application servers, web service servers, NAS solutions, FTP servers, and other functions within our infrastructure. Another focus of the role will be process automation to streamline our system builds and updates as well as performance monitoring.
The successful candidate will be expected to learn new technologies and troubleshoot unique challenges while presenting their cause & effect to the rest of the IT team.
- Build, deploy, and support all installed systems and infrastructure including x86-based servers, applications running on those servers, and the services the infrastructure provides.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management and automation tools
- Achieve automation through various methods such as Ansible, Nutanix Calm, and standard built in tools such as PowerShell & bash
- Implement and support servers with functions such as reverse proxies running HAProxy, web application and web services servers running Tomcat
- Work with third party vendors to implement and maintain cloud based solutions such as Rapid7, Crowdstrike, Okta, Google, etc.
- Implement and support enterprise networking technologies such as EIGRP routing, VLANS, and QoS, as well as typical access layer technologies such as wireless and switching technologies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design and documentation of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- 3 to 5 years experience in a related position
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred
- Enterprise level skills and awareness are vital, as well as a stong attention to detail with an understanding and appreciation for change control and proper documentation.
- Solid scripting and automation skills
- Solid understanding of Windows and Linux based servers
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience with monitoring systems & concepts
- Understanding of Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure (AOS, AHV, etc) desired
- Experience with virtualization and containerization desired
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and/or GCP preferred
All full time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Colchester, VT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location